The Performance Dress Shirt was inspired by classic tailoring but redesigned for a modern pace. We chose a high performance fabric that is moisture-wicking, quick-drying, breathable and stretchy so you can easily transition from office to action. The fabric is also more wrinkle-resistant and lower maintenance than standard cotton shirts, making it the perfect travel companion, and is machine washable so you can skip the dry cleaners. At its core, it's a perfectly tailored athletic fit dress shirt with a long list of features that will leave you thinking "no one shirt should have all that power."
If you normally wear slim fit dress shirts then we recommend our Trim fit, but if you normally wear regular, classic or relaxed fit shirts then we recommend our Athletic Fit. Check out our fit guide for more details.
- The Weekender: 3 shirts for $189* ($63 each)
- The Weekday Warrior: 5 shirts for $290* ($58 each)
- 10 Pack: 10 shirts for $500* ($50 each)
- Eligible for the Drawer Refresh Upgrade
- Complete Drawer Refresh - multiple options, just $189 each. See the full list here.
- Option 12: Get 2 dress shirts and 1 Performance Chinos
Shirt & Undershirt Packs
- Day Pack: Pair a dress shirt with an undershirt for $80**
- Weekend Pack: Pair 3 dress shirts with 3 undershirts for $240**
- Weekday Pack: Pair 5 dress shirts with 5 undershirts for $390**
- 10 Day Pack: Pair 10 dress shirts with 10 undershirts for $690**
* Automatically applies at checkout
** Just add the items to your cart, leave a message with your order, make a purchase and you will be refunded the difference within a few days (note, you will pay the full price of all items first and then get refunded the difference afterwards)
- Made with performance fabric that is:
- moisture-wicking for those with a proclivity for sweat
- quick-drying - no more sweat showing through your shirt
- breathable - keeps you cool in all temperatures
- blended with 360° stretch for unrestricted movement
- machine washable - means no more dry cleaning bills
- travel friendly - easy to wash on the road in a sink
- more wrinkle-resistant and lower maintenance than standard cotton shirts so you can ditch your iron. Body heat relaxes and releases wrinkles - the wrinkle-resistance is a natural characteristic of our performance fabric and is accomplished without using formaldehyde or other harsh chemicals, so nothing from the shirt seeps into your skin
- Tailored athletic fit that's designed to sit comfortably across broad shoulders and a narrow waist - has more room in the upper body, tapers at the torso, has rear darts and fits closer in the arms. Size up if you typically wear a regular fit or relaxed fit shirt. If you typically wear a slim fit or extra slim fit shirt, follow your standard sizing.
- Cut for a versatile length that can be worn tucked or untucked
- The back of the shirt is slightly longer than the front to keep it from untucking when seated
- The sides of the shirt are cut upwards so that you can access your pockets easily
- Comes with thicker collar stays to keep you looking sharp
- A hidden collar button keeps the collar in place and standing tall and crisp all day
- Modern spread collar
- Lowered second button for a more modern and well-defined collar and neckline - hits right under the collarbones at just the right depth for a more casual look
- Buttons are sculpted with a taper towards the edges to make them extremely easy to slip on or off with one hand
- Reinforced buttons sewn using more thread than standard sewing methods to make the buttons stronger and more durable
- Button thread holes are set lower so the threads do not stick out exposed - this reduces knocking or scraping the button threads loose
- The back yoke is set higher on your shoulders so the seam doesn't inhibit stretch or limit your range of motion - reach without restriction
- Versatile convertible mitered cuffs which can be worn with the button or dressed up with cuff links for the times you need to wear a penguin suit
- Performance fabric: 90% Polyester, 10% Spandex
- Model is 5'11" ◦ 170 lbs ◦ chest 40" ◦ wearing a medium
- Fit guide
All of our garments are easy care:
- Machine wash cold and hang to dry - that's it (this fabric is quick-drying)
- No ironing necessary, but if desired, use a steamer or dampen the fabric, set the iron to very low heat and place a towel between the iron and the shirt
- Do not dry clean
- Do not bleach
- We design our garments for performance and permanence and take the extra effort to ensure our products are built to last. A little TLC goes a long way, so here are a few tips to ensure that you'll enjoy your shirts for years.
- Undo all of the shirt’s buttons before washing, including collars and cuffs. This will help reduce the button holes stretching and buttons coming loose
- Remove the collar stays before washing
- Spot clean any stains before washing
- Wash inside out to preserve color and to maintain the surface of the buttons
- Wash with similar colors to prevent color bleeding (dark with darks, light with lights, always separate white colored garments from colored garments)
- Wash on delicate or low cycle to reduce creases and wrinkling
- If you can, avoid wire hangers and use wide wooden hangers instead to preserve the shape of the shoulders. Wire hangers add additional stress on the fabric and sewing and could potentially permanently crease the fabric - a little surface area goes a long way
- Button all of the buttons on the shirt when storing it to to maintain the shape and drape - the most important buttons to do up when storing are the collar and first button
The sleeves were too short, for both the small and medium. Otherwise, it fit well.
My only concern is that this version has about half inch shorter sleeve than my blue one (earlier version)
Thank you for your review, Richie! We're glad you like the performance dress shirt! The blue version you have is actually a Lightweight Performance Dress Shirt, which is a different version dress shirt. We updated the sleeve length of the Performance Dress Shirt based on customer feedback from the Lightweight shirt :)
I've tried DOZENS of other dress shirts and this one fits the best and is reasonably priced. My whole closet will be All Citizens soon.
I don’t understand why it took me this long to find a shirt that fits easy, breathes easy, and is quality… This is your ultimate dress shirt PERIOD. This is coming from someone who has tried everything out there, Calvin, bonobos, etc.
Very tailored fit for someone who has been working out. No baggy With undershirt. no limited motion. Breathable in summer but also wearable in winter!