Sheath Underwear vs. All Citizens Key Differences
In search of a pair of underwear that makes your soldiers feel comfortable and safe? Today, we’re comparing All Citizens and Sheath Underwear to determine which brand reigns supreme.
What Is Sheath Underwear?
Sheath Underwear got its start back in 2008 when founder and CEO Robert Patton needed underwear that could keep him comfortable during active duty. Their goal is to make breathable underwear that's supportive and keeps your goods separated, even in the heat.
What Is All Citizens?
All Citizens’ mission is to democratize comfort because comfort is a basic human right. They do this by making the most innovative, high-performing products at affordable prices with a focus on comfort, performance, sustainability and durability for all.
How Do Sheath Underwear and All Citizens Compare?
Sheath underwear ranges from a size small to 3XL.
All Citizens’ offers a wider size range with sizes XS to 4XL, so both brands cover a wide range of shapes and sizes. But All Citizens’ is the only brand with extended fits for different thighs widths. You can choose between Standard, Athletic, and Long thigh fits, where the Standard fit is made for guys with average thigh widths (which is most guys), the Athletic fit was custom made for guys with larger thighs, and the Longer fit was made for taller guys or guys who prefer more thigh coverage.
Sheath Underwear uses a mixture of fabrics and fibers that include Modal, Bamboo, Polyester, and Polyamide so they cover a wide gambit of activities. Some of those fabrics are built for more strenuous activity with moisture-wicking and quick-drying properties, while others are made for daily wear, such as the Model and Bamboo lines. But why have different underwear for different activities? Why not just have one pair that can do it all so that you don’t have to buy extra pairs of underwear or change clothes each time you do something new?
Sheath’s use of bamboo is interesting. Bamboo is silky and biodegradable… sometimes. It all depends on the type of bamboo fiber they use. Often advertised as a sustainable fabric, bamboo linen can be pricey. Plenty of brands cheap out and go for bamboo rayon instead, which doesn’t live up to bamboo’s sustainable reputation. Bamboo rayon can produce harmful chemicals and use a ton of energy. It is unclear which version Sheath uses.
All Citizens products’ are made from their eco-friendly Re:Luxe Performance Microfiber. With technical qualities for all-activity and all-weather comfort, the performance fabric is moisture-wicking, quick-drying, and durable with 360°stretch — plus it’s anti-odor, cuddling-with-pandas soft, breathable, and everything-able.
The performance fabric is made from recycled bottles (two, to be exact) that divert waste from landfills, incinerators and oceans and lessens our dependency on fossil fuels.
But fabric is just one part of sustainability - what is just as important is the durability and longevity of a product. Because All Citizens uses reinforced stitching in key stress points all around the underwear, their underwear is incredibly durable and will last for years without needing to be replaced. The reinforced stitching stop rips and tears in their tracks so you’ll never be “that guy” spreading wisdom in raggedy briefs. Plus, their boxer briefs are made with durable, flatlock seamsthat are engineered for action and then some. The seams lay flat against your skin to minimize chafing and blends in seamlessly. (Sorry, we had to.)
Their Features: Sheath Underwear
Sheath underwear comes in a variety of cuts and fabrics. Their features run the gamut, and some options have benefits that the others don’t.
Some of Sheath’s underwear feature a ball pouch called the Dual Pouch with a circular seamed hole for your main vein and a separate pocket for your berries so it separates everything from your thighs. It’s connected to a vertical fly for going to the bathroom - vertical flies are cumbersome and sometimes require two hands to keep the fly open.
Unfortunately, not all Sheath underwear is created equal. The brand's SHEATH G6 Single Pouch has a single pouch with a horizontal fly at $42, but their 3.21 Boxer Brief and 2.1 Bamboo Trunks have dual pouches with flies. It’s hard to keep track with so many variations and options.
Their Features: All Citizens
All Citizens underwear comes with a slew of features in each and every pair.
- The Dual Pouch meets its maker in the Paradise Pocket. This patent-pending ball pouch gently caresses the goods, separating them from your thighs, which means no-stick comfort with no unwanted skin-on-skin contact. Say goodbye to that sumo squat, side step, awkward re-adjustment dance and hello to life-changing comfort. The Paradise Pocket ball pouch holistically wraps around your twig and giggle berries to ensure that the lads never fall out of the pocket during any activity, so you’ll be adjust-free all day. It has been ranked as the most effective ball pouch by experts and customers
- Mesh Breath Zones are strategically placed microvents where you sweat most for airflow and uncompromising ventilation. Yeah, All Citizens conquered swamp ass once and for all.
- The Thick No-Roll Waistband stays put on your waist and doesn’t roll over or slide down, so you never have to worry about plumber’s crack. It’s understated, because All Citizens believes minimalism speaks volumes over load branding (and looks better, too).
(Sheath’s underwear has their logo front-and-center — just in case you want everyone and their mother knowing where you shop.)
- All Citizens boxer briefs provide plenty of room to breathe with a contoured pouch that conforms naturally around your nuggets, so it fits the anatomy of an actual man… not a Ken doll. No mashing or awkward re-adjustments here.
- A Quick-Access Horizontal Fly provides a faster, more natural movement when nature calls. This is tactical precision in your pants.
- And they have a ton of other features as well, all the way down to constructing their care label to double as a Locker Loop, so your underwear can hang and dry anywhere — hanger, locker, tree branch, you name it.
Sheath underwear comes in styles like 8" Boxer Briefs, Boxer Briefs, Trunks, and Briefs.
Out of those styles, their most popular underwear is their SHEATH 4.0 Men's Dual Pouch Boxer Brief. You can purchase Sheath underwear in classic colors like red, white, black, blue, and green. You can also get patterns like camouflage in Forest Green, Winter Gray, and Desert Red.
All Citizens offers Boxer Briefs, Longer Boxer Briefs, Trunks and Briefs with the addition of Boxers as well.
The Re:Luxe Paradise Pocket™ Boxer Brief is offered in a wide range of classic colors, color blocking, fun patterns, and limited edition patterns as well.
Plus, All Citizens has modern front piping for an added touch of quality, craftsmanship, and sophistication. It’s all about the little things in life.
All Citizens believes that comfort is a basic human right. Through All Citizens’ For All social mission, they aim to democratize comfort through charity donations across five essential pillars:
- Physiological: This includes access to clean water and nourishing meals, mental health support, and other opportunities for mental and physical healthy living.
- External: Think of access to weather-appropriate clothing and sanitary essentials.
- Habitat: This focuses on comfortable living conditions, reforestation and carbon capture, and wildlife protection.
- Future: This involves access to education, equal work opportunities, and income stability.
All Citizens collaborates with like-minded organizations to help with each of these support pillars. For example, the partner with Eden Reforestation Projects to plant five trees for every purchase of their Rainforest underwear.
Sheath Underwear has their own philanthropic endeavors as well.They contribute to the Socks for Soldiers program as well as donate a small percentage (their words, not ours) of their underwear to homeless shelters across the country.
Sheath underwear ranges from $26 to $44.
All Citizens underwear ranges from $12 to $18. All Citizens prides themselves on offering the best pound-for-pound and bang-for-your-buck underwear out there.
We don’t have to tell you which underwear gives you more bang for your buck…